Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Amazing

Tonight at grad school, we were discussing a book we have to read during our break. It's a book called Alicia Afterimage. It's a book about a teenager named Alicia who died in a car accident. The book is filled with various accounts from her mom, dad, and friends about her life. It is a true story. Needless to say, it's a hard book for me to read. I have read the first chapter and last chapter, which happen to be the accounts from Alicia's mom, and couldn't get much farther.

As we were talking, I mentioned that the book was particularly hard book for me to read since I lost my son. That's when one of the other ladies mentioned she had lost her son when he was 11. Then, another lady said that she lost her son when he was seven weeks old of SIDS.

Isn't that amazing(not in a good way)? Three people in one class had experienced losing a child. The weird thing is I'm not in a class of 20 ladies, I'm in a class with 7 other people. Wow, how weird is that? God is truly that gracious to bring all three of us together and I can't wait to see what he does with this and what healing will come out of this. This is no mistake! First, the teacher has taught this exact class for 20 years and this is the first time ever she has used Alicia Afterimage as a course text. Secondly, three out of eight people have experienced losing their sons. Lastly, one of the ladies almost had a heart attack when I mentioned David's name. Her son's name was also David. She then asked what my David's middle name was and was stunned when I said Alexander because her son's middle name is Allen(which is my dad's middle name and was almost David's middle name) This is no coincidence, ladies! I am so excited to see what God has in store for me this semester!!! Let the healing continue!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carly,

If you get to read the whole book, Alicia Afterimage, you will find out why I do not believe in coincidences anymore.

I wrote the book to show others that must endure grief that there is healing to be found.

I am so glad that your teacher selected a book that prompted a discovery that might bring further healing among you three.

Peace,

Lulu

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie