Sunday, August 2, 2009

Awesomeness

We are back from our awesome vacation in Port Austin. We rented a cottage on Lake Huron for a week. We went with my mom, niece, and nephew. HOTTIE stayed Saturday and Sunday and went back to work on Monday. He then joined us again Thursday night after softball.

God's Little Princess 1 loved the water. That little one is a fish. We had to pull her out of the water every single day kicking and screaming. She hated getting out but the poor kid burns like an egg on the sidewalk on a hot day. Despite numerous sunscreen reapplication, we could only stay for 3 or 4 hours at a time. She would have stayed all day if we let her.

God's Little Princess 2 is the opposite of her sister. She loves the land. She could play in the sand from day to night. Her favorite thing to do was create sand gardens. She would use her rake to create rows and she would then pretend to plant the seeds and then would water them. I even got a video of her doing it while she was singing. It was the cutest thing. By the end of the week though she was playing in the water with the rest of them.

My favorite quotes of the week:

First quote-
I was singing one of my favorite Addison Road songs acappella in the car. God's little Princess 2 interrupted me and said "Mommy, I wish I could sing...", She then paused for a second and I was thinking that my adorable love was going to say like you mommy but instead she says "like the other girl who sings this song."

Ouch!!! Sorry I'm no Jenny!

Side Note: We love Addison Road. So much that the girls love to look at their blog and see pictures of them as they go on their tour. God's Princess 1 even wanted to sing one of the songs for Uncle Corey's birthday. It was so cute. She practiced all the way home from Port Austin.

Second quote-
One day we went to Caseville to check it out. The girls were in their car seats and we were waiting for Nana to come out of the cabin. God's little Princess 1 looked at me sweetly and asked "Mommy, do I have yellow teeth?" I then replied, "No honey, why would you ask that?" She then replies "Because you do!!!!"

What????????? Wow, God's Little Princess 1 is going to be a dentist when she grows up with all of that concern with her momma's teeth.

Poor Mommy, where's the lovin?

This is how it should have gone:

First qoute- "Momma, you have the most beautiful singing voice ever! When I grow up I want to sing just like you."

Second qoute- "Momma, you sure are beautiful but you gotta kick that pop and coffee habit, it makes your teeth kinda yellow."

Side Note:I promise I do brush my teeth everyday.

This is an extremely long post but I do have to tell you to check out the blog comments from the last post. Julie from one of my favorite blogs left me a comment. I was sooooo excited. She references a project that I did with the kids over vacation. I'll put up pictures later so you can do it with your kiddos. It's very cool. Regardless, two famous people read my blog. Isn't that so cool?????

Also, I wanted to tell mom thank you for also reading. Four readers now, YAHOOOO!!!!!

God Bless,
Carly

3 comments:

Meeghan said...

love the quotes...very funny

Rebekah said...

Rolling on the ground laughing. HILARIOUS. I, for one, think your voice is above average and have never taken notice of your "yellowing" teeth!!!! :0)

karen said...

glad you had such a good time. Those girls are sure funny! i wont write what truths they've said about their ga ga.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie