Saturday, October 11, 2008

YAHOO!!!

I did it!! I changed my layout all by myself, well with a little bit of help. I was so envious of everyone's super cute blog layouts that I called on the help of some fellow bloggers. My fabo sister-in-law said that the link for the website she and our friend use would be on the bottom of our friend's blog. I first looked on our friend's site but couldn't find it. Then I looked at my sister-in-law's blog and today must have been my lucky day because I found the link. Then, walla, I have a super cute boy like blog layout. Please note that there are blues, blacks, and other boy like colors in honor of my precious boy. Also please note that it took everything in me not to get the even cuter pink girly layouts. There were so many cute ones and since my favorite color is pink I naturally gravitate towards pink. But, I refrained because my boy deserves boy colors and since I live in the world of pink(which I am so blessed to be a part of), the few times I get to use blue I jump on it.

In addition, I have added a playlist to my blog. Wow, when I go public, I come out with pizazz, huh?? The playlist has several songs that I feel describe what I'm feeling right now. Welcome by Shaun Groves is one of my very favorite songs. So, I was very disappointed to only get a small portion of the song but I'll take what I can get. The recording is pretty crappy too but it's all good. It does get the point across. I love how the song talks about how we all fill our hearts with clutter and messes that are still to be discovered. Isn't that so true? We do fill our hearts with all of the crap from our lives and the many attempts we make to find out what is the meaning for it all. Listen to all of the songs, they each have a story.

The last song is the most important though. It's called Taken by Plumb. This is the song we played at David's memorial. The song has a story that goes with it. I'm not sure how many people remember the ice storm of 2003 but for HOTTIE and I it is unforgettable. David passed away on a Monday Night(Opening Day for those Tiger fans out there). I was in the hospital for the next four days or maybe five days. Regardless on Friday, on the way home from the hospital, we were listening to my Plumb CD. We were about 2 minutes from home when Taken started playing. I had heard this song many times but it never phased me until that ride home. 15 seconds or so into the song, I start crying uncontrollably and made HOTTIE drive around good ol'Lakeville for the next ten minutes so I can hear the song another 10 times(which for those of you who know Lakeville know it's like two blocks wide and three blocks across). The song reminded me that no matter how sad or angry we were, David was never too far from our hearts. I loved that and still do. I love knowing that even when the world forgets, I don't. My boy is still my boy. I do have a son but he's in a place I can't physically touch. Regardless, the song ministered to me at a time when I so desperately needed it. Over the next days, months, and year, I listened to the song constantly. So much that, to this day the song won't play. Every song on that CD works, except that song. The amazing thing was that when the song stopped working, I felt that God was telling me that I didn't need the song anymore. That he was going to begin the healing process, and he did. It's been a bumpy road but I've come a long way.

More about the ice storm of 2003 to come. It's getting late and God's Little Princess 1 and God's Little Princess 2 will be up in 6 short hours so I need to go to sleep.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Carly, I love the new layout!!! I love the songs (and the meanings), too...

Meeghan said...

So glad you are blogging. I love reading your words. I love that you are opening you heart, and hope that you will find continued healing in the process. love ya

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie