Monday, November 10, 2008

Not Me, Monday!!!!



It is that time of the week again. I'm really starting to look forward to Mondays. It has to be short and sweet but something is better than nothing. The kudos for this great idea goes to MckMamma over at her blog, My Charming Kids. So here goes...

I did not eat a large quantity of the girls Halloween candy. A mom who is trying to lose weight would never eat chocolate like she was 10 again. No, she wouldn't and neither would I.

I am not procastinating right now. I am not choosing to participate in Not Me, Monday, which very few if anyone ever sees, instead of doing my work for school. What kind of teacher does that, not one that I know.

I am not leaving my home at 11:15 tonight with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to go to Meijers for a gifts for my princesses and niece. Nothing those girls need could be so important that I would stay up past midnight. I am not also getting there early so I can scoop up those kiddy digital cameras before the sale starts at 12:01 tonight. I am not waiting in line for the next half hour to 45 minutes reading a book. Me, doing something crazy like that, NEVER!!!!

I did not play Settlers during my overnight shift when God's Little Princess 2 was really sick. Since my shift was 3 to 7 in the morning, I did not play Settlers for 4 hours in a row. I also did not play with people from Spain and Barcelona. If I had, I would have thought that was so cool. But since I didn't, it's no big deal.

I did not play 2 games of Settlers tonight instead of doing my school work. I also do not have a score of negative 75. If I was a Settlers Nerd, I would care that my score was that low. But since I'm not, it's all good!

Have a great night!

On a side note, please check out a blog called Bring the Rain. The blogger there is Angie Smith and she is starting something called 7X7 prayers. Parents pray for their kids 7 times a day 7 days a week. I'm hoping to start this soon and would encourage everyone to do the same for your kiddos, even if you are still waiting for your precious bundle of joy. He or she is coming so start bathing that precious love in prayer now.

God Bless and Praying for Kids with Undivided Hearts,
Carly

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

If you DID post a "Not Me Monday" I would surely read it... :)

I thought Lindsey was making Steve go to Meijer in the middle of the night for those cameras! Sounds like it was a fun girls night out instead!

Meeghan said...

Very cute...so glad you guys were able to get the cameras. The girls will love them. Love the 7x7 prayer.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie