Sunday, August 31, 2008

Procrastination

I'm sitting here tonight desperately trying to find other things to do, a.k.a watch T.V., read blogs, eat ice cream, in order to not do my school work. With the approach of another school right around the corner, I thought I would take a moment to write in a post before I get too busy. My Pastor's wife suggested I read a book called The Shack. It's a great book especially for those of you who have experienced the loss of someone very close to you. One point the author brought up is that good and evil is based on our schemas and our perspectives. We view things as inherently evil if they have a negative effect on us and good if we benefit from it in some way. I find this very interesting as it shows how selfish we are as humans and how we feel that life is all about us. More interestingly that I'm a selfish person. Joyce Meyer said the other day that lack of self esteem is largely in part to pride. We are so prideful of our own achievements that we never realize how God was always the catalyst for it. It is so interesting to me that what we may see as evil, God sees as good. It is so hard to remember that he sees the whole picture not just things from my point of view. Interesting huh? I better get to work because it's already 11:30 and I have NOTHING done. Welcome back to the grind, Carly!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie