Saturday, July 26, 2008

David's Story

Our beautiful son, David, was born on March 31, 2003. Although he was due on June 10th, he was born early due to some complications. After he was born, he survived for nearly an hour. During that hour, the doctors worked so hard to keep him alive. But despite their efforts, he was far to sick to survive. That night I feel that part of me died with David and I'm struggling now to regain the "me" I used to be. As my beautiful girls are ready to move on with their day, I want to leave with saying that even 5 years later, the pain cuts like a knife and I don't think it ever goes away. God is just so gracious that he equips us with tools to help us get through. At first, we survive minute to minute, then day to day, then month to month, and then finally year to year.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie